Friday, November 22, 2013

Smart Pup

So its been close to 5 weeks since I first picked up Marley and she is doing awesome. I have been waking up almost every day at six in the morning to take her out for a run around campus. She loves being outside so she enjoys the early morning jog. Shes gained close to 7 pounds since the last time she was at her vet and she is getting big ! She still has a problem with peeing in the house every once in awhile but I take the blame for it since I should be making sure she is taken out every hour and a half. Marley has proven to be a very intelligent dog. I have been training her to do a few tricks and she has picked them up surprisingly fast. In about a week she learned to sit and in two weeks she learned to shale her paw. The trick she just recently learned was laying down. It was fun teaching her these tricks because during the training process you can see that she knows how to do it but doesn't understand that they are commands we want her to follow. Like for example when I was teaching her to lie down, she obviously lays down all the time, but you could see her baffled in confusion when I would tell her to lay down. So what I would do is grab her front paws and lay them down and pushed her back down with them so she would be in the lie down position. I would say it took about a week and a half to pick up on the command. As of right now I am working on getting her to roll over, which is going to be extremely difficult but she has proved to me already that she's a smart little pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment