Thursday, November 14, 2013

Training Days


So it's been been a little over a month since we first got Marley and you can already see how much bigger she has gotten. She is actually getting her second vaccine shot which I will be giving her myself. I bought the vaccine at Tractor Supply to save myself from another expensive vet bill. She has been teething extremely bad lately, and has chewed up several things of mine including the power cord to my TV. I finally found some toys she likes and has been playing with all day but I still find her with something in her mouth she shouldn't have. I took her to the vet exactly a month ago and she weighed in at around 5 and a half pounds. Looking at her now I would say she is pushing 8 to 10 pounds now. I have also been walking her around campus to give her some exercise and get used to walking on a leash. She is definitely a smart dog because she already knows how to sit and shake her paw along with walking at my side when I say heel. She is scheduled to see her vet this up coming week so I will know for sure how much she weighs and whether she is still in good health. So far she seems healthy and I hope to keep it that way. The toughest thing about training her is keeping her from getting into things she isn't supposed too. I mean she is still only a little puppy so it is hard to punish her when she gives you those puppy eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment